Pet Appointment Exclusions
There are certain circumstances when we will be unable to perform surgery on your pet. We are an affordable yet high quality, high volume spay/neuter clinic, so we are not able to stock certain drugs, medications or items your pet may need, due to their high cost and / or short shelf life. Instead we would refer you to a referring Dr Veterinary Medicine (rDVM) / Regular Veterinarian for your pet’s individualized care.
- We have a team of highly skilled technicians but in order to perform surgery, the pets need to be friendly enough to handle, examine, and be given medications.
- To ensure the safety of our small staff, our one Veterinarian and our patients we may not be able to do surgery on your pet due to aggression or aggressive behavior (biting, snapping, growling, etc.). We would refer you to an rDVM for your pet’s individualized care.
Blood Disorders / Clotting Disorders
- Some dog breeds are prone to blood clotting disorders, in which case we would require a BMBT (Buccal Mucosal Bleeding Time) test for an additional $5. This is a test done to determine if your pet’s blood clots fast enough for surgery. We do the BMBT test at intake while you wait for results. If your pet has a prolonged clotting time we would refer you to an rDVM for your pet’s individualized care.
Chronic / Acute Illnesses
- If your pet has a chronic illness such as: Kidney Failure, Liver Failure, Diabetes, Cancer, Epilepsy, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Lymphedema, etc. we would refer you to an rDVM for your pet’s individualized care.
- If your pet has a skin infection, upper respiratory infection, vomiting or diarrhea we will refer you to an rDVM for treatment. Once the treatment is done and your pet is healthy we may be able to do the surgery.
Heart Murmurs / Cardiac Conditions
- If your pet has a heart murmur or cardiac condition we will be unable to do the surgery as we do not have the specialized equipment with the ability to monitor heart rhythm / ECG and blood pressure during surgery. We are also unable to stock the appropriate cardiac medications your pet may need.
- If your pet has or had any type of seizure activity we will be unable to do the surgery as we do not have the appropriate medications in stock in case of a repeat seizure in the clinic.